Why you gotta be two buses?

Satire

Claire Kunzier, Editor 

Why does a Karen have to throw a fit in an already busy and long line? Because she’s two buses. Why is traffic always there when you’re late? Because it’s a two bus situation. Why is that kid throwing a tantrum with an already flustered and tired parent? Because the kid is two buses. Being two buses means that a person is worsening the already difficult situation for no reason and a two bus situation is when something is already bad, but it is made worse with the addition of another thing. Making a tight turn in one of the busiest cities in the world with one bus is already hard enough, but adding another bus is just unnecessarily annoying. We’ve all had two bus situations in our lives, both literally and figuratively. Next time you’re in one, ask “Why you gotta be two buses” and deal with how sh*tty/annoying it is. BUT, don’t be two buses, that’s just annoying to make an already negative situation worse #f*cked up. 

You know those buses that are actually two buses connected by an accordion in the middle? That’s what we’re talking about. When one bus is just fine, but already difficult enough on its own without having a whole other bus attached to it. This phrase, spoken by some random women in New York City who was watching two buses try to make a tight turn, looked at the situation and spoke simply “Why you gotta be two buses?” Now, she literally meant two buses connected at the center, but the concept behind the phrase still stands, why do you have to make things more difficult than they already are?