What’s Trending — Feb. 24, 2022

Arts & Entertainment

Jeriann Tripodi, Editor

Header Image: PBS Kids

Welcome to the wonderful world of entertainment. The following news includes highlights of celebrities, television, movies and music this week.

Kelly Clarkson files to legally change her name

Pop singer and television host Kelly Clarkson has filed paperwork to legally change her name to Kelly Brianne. Dropping her maiden last name, the “Stronger” singer requests to use her first and middle names only. This decision comes amid her on-going and bitter divorce from her husband of nearly seven years, Brandon Blackstock. According to Us Weekly, the “American Idol” winner wants to change her name because it “more fully reflects” who she is. A hearing to decide on the matter is scheduled to take place on March 28.

The Sun

Sam Hunt’s pregnant wife files for divorce

Country singer Sam Hunt and his wife Hannah Lee Fowler are splitting after nearly five years of marriage. In legal documents obtained by TMZ, Fowler has cited “adultery” and “inappropriate marital conduct” as the reasons why she is seeking a divorce from Hunt. Although the pair have not made a pregnancy announcement, the documents state that Fowler is due in May. She is asking for primary custody and child support.

People

“Arthur” has come to an end after 25 seasons

The popular PBS Kids show, “Arthur,” ends after 25 seasons and over 250 episodes. Based on a book series by author and illustrator Marc Brown, this cartoon show is centered around the daily life of a young aardvark named Arthur. Each episode follows his daily adventures and the challenges he faces with his friends, who are different animal species. In the final episode, “All Grown Up,” the main characters are shown as adults. Arthur sports a dark hairstyle, facial hair and a new outfit. He is happy with his career as a graphic novelist. According to Buzz Feed, “Arthur” is the longest-running children’s animated series in television history.

Windobi

“Cyrano” will hit theaters on Feb. 25

The new musical romantic drama film, “Cyrano,” is an adaptation of the classic 1897 play, “Cyrano de Bergerac,” and tells the story of a talented poet named Cyrano who is in love with a young woman named Roxanne. He never tells her his feelings because he believes she will never love him back. Instead, he painfully watches Roxanne admire a young man, named Christian, from afar. Since Cyrano cares about Roxanne’s happiness, he helps the inarticulate Christian win her love by offering his poetic skills. Starring Peter Dinklage, “Cyrano” will be released in theaters across the country on Feb. 25 and is rated PG-13.

Vanity Fair

Number one on the Billboard charts: week of Feb. 26, 2022

According to “The Hot 100” on the charts, the number one song in the U.S. is “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” by Carolina Gaitan, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz and the “Encanto” cast. Staying at the top spot, this is the eighth week the Disney song is on the charts. According to the “Billboard 200,” the number one album in the U.S. is Disney’s “Encanto” Soundtrack. At the top spot for the sixth time, this is the 12th week the Latin pop film score is on the charts.

Amazon