What’s Trending — Dec. 1, 2021

Arts & Entertainment

Jeriann Tripodi, Editor

Welcome to the wonderful world of entertainment. The following news includes highlights of celebrities, television, movies and music this week.

Paris Hilton brings her parents on her honeymoon

Socialite and businesswoman Paris Hilton recently married entrepreneur Carter Reum. After a lavish three-day wedding celebration, the newlyweds embarked on their first vacation as husband and wife, which Hilton referred to as a “honeymoon world tour.” The first stop was Bora Bora. According to Page Six, the pair were not alone, but were joined by Hilton’s parents and siblings. An Instagram story captioned a picture of the group as a “family honeymoon.”

The Cut

Jon Gosselin could have lost his life due to a spider

Former reality star Jon Gosselin has been hospitalized after being bit by a venomous spider. The “Jon & Kate Plus Eight” star shared to The Sun that he woke up in “excruciating” pain and noticed that his leg was swollen and had a red blister with a large red circle around it. The 44-year-old Pennsylvania native was taken to a local hospital where he was given antibiotics. Doctors told Gosselin that he was bitten by a brown recluse spider and that he was lucky because he could have lost his leg or died from the infection.

The Mirror

“A Charlie Brown Christmas” will air once on television this holiday season

The 1965 animated television special, “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” will be returning to the television screen for one night only. On Sunday, Dec. 19 at 7:30 p.m., the classic holiday show will air on PBS and PBS Kids. If you miss this opportunity, or want to get festive ahead of time, you can stream “A Charlie Brown Christmas” on Apple TV+ with a subscription or a free trial.

IMDb

Brooke Shields produces and stars in new Netflix Christmas movie

On Nov. 26, actress Brooke Shields’ latest film, “A Castle for Christmas,” was released on Netflix. This holiday film tells the story of a best-selling American author named Sophie who decides to spend some alone time in Scotland in order to visit her father’s childhood castle. Upon her arrival, she meets the castle’s new owner, a snobbish man named Myles. Although the two do not get along at first, Sophie and Myles become surprised when they start to catch feelings for one another as the holiday season approaches. “A Castle for Christmas” is rated TV-G.

IMDb

Number one on the Billboard charts: week of Dec. 4, 2021

According to “The Hot 100” on the charts, the number one song in the U.S. is “Easy On Me” by Adele. Back at the top spot after falling to number two last week, this is the seventh week the pop ballad is on the charts. According to the “Billboard 200,” the number one album in the U.S. is “30” by Adele. The pop album is at the top spot during its first week on the charts.

Wikipedia